Downtown Classics Returns!
After an outpouring of positive reviews from last year, the Canton Symphony Orchestra has launched another series of Downtown Classics. Downtown Classics lets patrons enjoy performances from small ensembles of Canton Symphony Orchestra musicians in the laid back casual atmosphere of their favorite hot spot. It’s a combination of classic venues, classic food and classic music! The series is funded through the generosity of Arts in Stark, Visit Canton, Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce, Key Bank Foundation, and the Ada C. and Helen J. Rank Foundation.
The schedule for this year’s performances is:
- February 14, 2017 at 7pm at Fronimo’s (315 Cleveland Ave. NW)
- March 9, 2017 at 7pm at Canton Brewing Co. Speakeasy (225 Market Ave. N)
- March 21, 2017 at 7pm at Lucca Downtown (228 4th St. NW)
- April 6, 2017 at 6pm at Cultured Coffee & Waffles (309 Cleveland Ave. NW)
- April 20, 2017 at 7pm at The Conestoga Grill (217 2nd St. NW)
- May 3, 2017 at 7pm at Picciano’s Martini Lounge (410 Market Ave N)
- May 17, 2017 at 7pm at Grapes in a Glass (575 Market Ave NW)
- May 31, 2017 at 7pm at Canton Chophouse (218 Court Ave NW)
Come and enjoy a casual night out with some of the CSO musicians! Seating is first come first served. There is no cover charge. Each performance will showcase different musicians and repertoire tailored to fit the venue.
Founded in 1937, the Canton Symphony Orchestra is a fully professional ensemble and organization dedicated to performing concerts that enrich, educate and entertain. Under the direction of Gerhardt Zimmermann, the orchestra performs classical, pops, holiday, and educational programs. Most performances are in Umstattd Performing Arts Hall, adjacent to the Zimmermann Symphony Center 2331 17th Street NW, Canton, Ohio. Parking at the Zimmermann Symphony Center is free. For more information, please visit www.CantonSymphony.org.